Another year. So much has happened since 30-three. This past year I have quit my job, went back to school to pursue my love for baking, started my own company, my baby turned 2, my husband got a new job, my sister got married, brother is having a baby and my brother-in-law graduated high school and is in college! 30-three was great!
Friends have been so vital this last year and I am blessed that I have a handful of great friends and family who championed me on to follow my dreams and that I should dream big! They pushed me to do what God has made me to do. Without them... it would just suck.
Being a entrepreneur is hard. You never realize how much people like to tear you down or devalue who you are and what you are doing. I wasn't prepared for this. This has been a crazy ride! Through many feelings of doubt and feeling inadequate to do what I was doing to dealing with haters and discouragers who seek to tear me down not by their actions or their words but by just by saying nothing. I do not need affirmation that way at all but there is a discernment that I have... sometimes it's good and sometimes it's bad. Silence isn't alway good... sometimes it's passive aggressive.
This really has been a struggle for me the last few months and every time I feel defeated, God gives me reason to show me that this business is not for me to be against the world but it's a business that He created for me to be a resource for the world/community and be a vital part of it. Time and time again when I feel like giving up, He shows up in BIG ways. Always.
I love what I am doing. I love the people I touch and the conversations about why Sweet Brigade exists. It's more than just merely selling great treats but it's my way of impacting the world. He reminds me to not care about competition and people who are striving to make a buck. He reminds me that I am not doing this for just being my own boss and getting rich quick. He reminds me that this company started because of my heart. This is the product of my heart. I don't know where it will go but I know that it will go somewhere He wants it to go. It will impact lives.
The work is hard but my heart will be full.
The last few years on my birthday, I have done these projects (31, 32, 33). I have started to look forward to these projects every time my birthday comes around and every year I have focused on doing something for others. This has encouraged people to do something too and I have gotten emails and chatted with people who are doing their own projects too!! This year though, for some reason I have t really think long and hard over. Something in my soul just wanted to process this one a little more.
A rainbow occurred this year on my birthday, metaphorically speaking. Sunshine to celebrate and rain for a little boy by the name of Jeremy who passed away from Leukemia on my birthday. Our family have been praying for him and his family for the last 1 1/2 years. We have started a relationship with his family sending emails and photos back and forth. Sending care packages but most importantly tons of prayers on their behalf. Through this, Jeremy's parents have done nothing but trust God in all this. Their lives have changed many other and their love for God and for their son has made me a better parent and has made me want to strive to be closer to God. Our family grew very quiet when we found out this morning for their parents who lost such an amazing boy. He ran a great race and he is home.
Our church started an amazing series and our Pastor spoke about the best thing we can do for other people is giving them a healthy us. That means being healthy and ridding of things that eat away at our lives. Deepen relationships that need to deepening. Forgive and let go of those who have hurt me and disappointment. Expect nothing.
Project 30-four will be for me this year. First and foremost, this year is a year of deepening with God. Less talking and more doing. No more excuses. In order for me to have a healthy me... it starts with Him. During the course of this year, I will sending out 34 heart-felt letters to people in my life or who are no longer a part of my life. Whoever these 34 people God has planned, I will write them a letter from the heart. I realize I may write letters to people who I have not forgiven or people who have hurt me to those who have been nothing but supportive and/or an inspiration to me. Whoever and whatever the circumstance... these 34 letters will be sent by the time I'm 35 and when Project 30-five comes... I pray to be a better and healthier me.
Sweet Brigade is the product of my heart... but God and my family ARE my heart and they come first. I need to be a healthier person for them and everything else will fall into place. The other stuff will only be just as great if I take care of me first.
30-three was amazing. I get so excited to turn a year older and reflect on what God has done that I do not deserve. I've met some really great people who and other communities that came at just the right time. I have learned a lot during this year and know that this following year will be as great.
Year 30-four has so much already. My dad's 5 years with Jesus in December. As well as graduation from Pastry school, a trip to Paris/Europe, expanding Sweet Brigade, the birth of my niece and my 5 year wedding anniversary. It's going to be a memorable year already!
Thank you for all your support and your love through my crazy life. I am blessed.
Hi, We don't know each other but I stumble upon your website through a mutual friend of ours, Sarah Lin. Just wanted to say thanks for posting this. It was a great read. I hope you don't mind... I think I'm gonna steal your Project 34 idea -- it's really a great one. And I wish you all the best in wherever God takes you!
ReplyDelete