I started a yearly trend. I started these projects when I turned 31. Project 30-one was created. Then last year, I followed with Project 30-two.
It has been a year of change, great blessing. It's been awesome to be able to pursue a dream and to follow hard after God in the midst, even though it has been tough. A road less travelled for sure but worth every hard moment of it.
Everyday I strive to be a person that God wants me to be. I could say a better mom, a better wife, etc... but I can't do any of these things well if I don't have God with me. I want my life to reflect more than just all things good... but all things God.
What I want for Ezra is not to only be a good kid but I really want him to see God through me. I really want him to see that I trust and love my Savior as much as I say I do. I don't want him to hear these things... I want him to see these things in motion. I want him to really see God in our lives... in my life. I don't compare Ezra to what other kids do or want him to do anything any kid is doing. I don't want to compare or even make him feel that he needs to do much for us to love him. I really want him to follow hard and have a crazy love for Jesus. I want him to experience that love in full.
So this morning, Billy wanted to take me out for a nice brunch... but then i really didn't want to do that and wanted to bless people today. It's not really my day to celebrate in full, God has made me to do his will and I needed to show the world who He is. Instead of a fancy brunch, we used that money and went to out local Starbucks and paid for 33 cups of coffee. I didn't have this all planned out... I just went in there and gave my card to the girl and let her know I am paying coffee until I hit my number. She was shocked.
As the people came in, I watched reactions one by one. People asking my why I am doing this. People totally happy that they got free coffee. People trying to buy me a gift! I even got one hug! :) It was totally worth giving people something simple but most importantly it made a lot of them think. Many of them said that this was so awesome and it made them want to go do this for someone else. Some people felt weird about getting anything free. But in the end everyone was happy and I got to talk to everyone of them. Here are the 31 shots of coffee cups bought this morning... one guy didn't want to take a picture and one ran so fast that I didn't have time to take a picture. :)
It's going to be a good year!


I know exactly what you mean. We don't decorate our house for festivals, do cards, etc. but we GIVE for a special cause every month of the year, sometimes to some one we know personally, sometimes very random. We talk about it with kids to get their input. Sometimes it's someone they know personally through school or activities. One of our sons, more than the other, has picked up these tendencies already. It gives such great joy and content. When we travel we have started to stay away from the all-inclusive resort types. It gives us immense pleasure to travel to a country with people who need help, take school supplies, eye glasses, toiletries such as tooth paste, tooth brushes, soap(how basic is that?)just give them away and absorb the sheer joy in people's expression and surprise. Last trip my husband took 1$ and 5$ notes in addition and just handed them over to whoever he thought...sometimes we would package dry rations for a weeks supply for a family of 4 and take it to a town and just distribute...oh so fun! The good feeling is the blessing. I can so relate to you. I feel blessed to have crossed paths with you. Keep posting...
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, diya! That is amazing!!! Wow, such an amazing this to do as a family! I love this!
Delete