Sunday, May 8, 2011

Thoughts on Mother's Day

Exactly 1 one from today, a new member to our family is expected to arrive. I am filled with mixed emotions. I feel joy that God has blessed us with this life that will change our lives forever and I feel a sense of uncertainty for everything else. I need to keep reminding myself, from the moment Billy and I got married, I knew that I would only start having children when God felt that it was time. This baby came to us all because we prayed "In your timing, Jesus." So regardless of my uncertainty, I do know one things is for certain... that this is in God's perfect plan.

I know/met a lot of parents. It's pretty funny how everyone has their own birthing experience and their own parenting styles. It's crazy how some are more forceful/imposing that what they have works the best. I have met parents who are goo goo ga ga over their kiddos and some parents who are pretty low key with their kids. There are parents who are not encouraging and those who are rooting for us. Kinda overwhelmed by it all... so what do I do? I pray about it. Through all of it actually. Through what people tell me, what I see and hear and what I read in the books I have read.

I once shared to someone that though I am excited to have this baby, I am constantly reminded of the real purpose of it all. I really see God at work. I was really hesitant to tell this person that because I wasn't sure what their response would be. But totally understood what I was saying. I believe that we, Billy and I, are active participants in this baby's life but God is the focus. We were chosen to be parents not because we deserved it but because God has some special plan for this baby beyond us. I am excited to be a part of it and blessed we were chosen. This baby is God's and with God, Billy and I will be guided in this process of parenthood and this blessing.

As a dedication to a day dedicated to Mothers and just amazing women in our lives, I wanted to gush over the ones in mine!

I was able to spend last week traveling up to Seattle and Portland to be with friends before we have the baby. We had such a great time. I had such a great time. I am truly blessed to have these women who have been a part of my life for over 10 years and some more than that. They have pour into my life constantly, loved on me and showed me what true sisterhood looks like so that I may be encouraged to live that way too. We have traveled through many trials in life and seen God's hand at work together. Nothing is more special than that.


We also got to spend some quality time with family. My mom came up to play in Portland as well. It is always nice when we get the family together because it rarely happens being so spread out.

My Mom is such a strong and very dedicated individual. She is successful and independent. She is hip and fun. She loves us and does as much as she possibly can to help us when she can. Today she said that she was thinking about us today and how proud she was of us. Not a lot of Asian parents can say that to their kids and I am blessed to have a Mom that is able to do so! Happy Mother's Day, Mom!

I should be introducing a little someone on my next post! But until then, please continue to pray for us as we prepare for delivery as well as transition at home. Excited to post next month!

2 comments:

  1. Having a mom who's proud of you is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woohooo, can't wait lis! awww, praying with you guys and excited to meet the new addition! <3

    ReplyDelete