Saturday, January 1, 2011

Reflection on 2010

I have been thinking that it was about time to post something. 2010 was definitely a year with many changes. All good changes! Everyone is saying that 2011 will be a great year. I believe that too but 2010 was a pretty good year for me as well.

I read over my post in 2009 and just the struggle and heart break I had then losing my dad and yet it was a joyous time as well because I married my best friend.

2010, God took all of that and turned it into something good. He didn't take it away but He allowed for me to open my eyes and my heart to be able to heal on my own and embrace the journey that we all call life.

2010 had been a deep enjoyment in celebrating the life and memory of my father that I wasn't able too in 2009. I still think about him everyday, I miss him a lot still but the Lord keep reminding how happy my dad really is to look down on us and see where are his kids are and what they are doing. He would just hate it if we would continue to live our life mourning his death then celebrating the life he lived and that He is now with Jesus.

I no longer feel just heart broken with him totally missing out on things and wishing desperately that he couldn't be here during major events in my life, but I know my dad is watching and enjoying every moment of my life. The only thing he really ever wanted from us was to love Jesus and to live our lives loving him. I am doing just that.

I still can't believe he has been gone 2 years now. But I still remember, quite clearly, everything that happened and how it seemed like it was all yesterday. How far I have come... and how much has changed in those 2 years.

2010 has shown me the love God continually pours on me. I see Him and His work in my life very clearly and I can not ignore it. The evidence of how the trust that my own father had in our Savior to continue to take care of my siblings and I is beyond words. My dad would be so proud of all of us.

I had a great year, not because everything worked in my favor or because everything was perfect but because I have a home, a husband, great friends, an awesome family and a Savior that loves me to walk me through it all. That is all I need.

I am going to miss 2010 but we are excited to welcome 2011. I am not sure what will happen but there is one thing for sure that is a blessing only God could give. Thank you for traveling through life with me and for allowing me to share my guts with all of you! Hello 2011, you are welcomed with open arms!
Here is the video of the unveiling! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment